Saturday, March 24, 2012

"Thoroughly Modern Millie" cast profile: Katie Crozier-Theis


Katie Crozier-Theis plays the wisecracking Gloria in "Thoroughly Modern Millie"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
KC: I am playing Gloria, a Stenographer and one of Muzzy's adorable friends. Gloria is a wisecracking modern woman who knows the ropes and enjoys helping the newer residents of the Hotel Priscilla navigate the ins and outs of modern life.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
KC: I was last seen in the ensemble of GCP's production of "The Producers," which was an amazing experience. One of my most memorable roles was Bertha in "Pippin," where I got to bring down the house with "No Time at All" and get carried off stage each night by a pack of handsome boys. Other past shows include "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum," "Cinderella" and "Hot Mikado."

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Thoroughly Modern Millie"?
KC: I was itching to be in a show with a lot of dancing!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
KC: "Forget About the Boy," hands down! It's a great number, and I get to tap dance with all of the ladies. Oh yeah!

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Millie"?
KC: I hope people are inspired to follow their dreams AND their hearts. Oh, and that they had a great evening at the theater!

GCP Girl: "Thoroughly Modern Millie" is based on a 1960s movie starring Mary Tyler Moore and Julie Andrews. What other movies would you like to see turned into stage musicals?
KC: I think "Connie and Carla" would make an awesome stage show.

GCP Girl: For Millie, moving to New York City on her own is a big adventure. What do you dream of doing?
KC: Planning parties for a living!

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
KC: Sally Bowles in Cabaret. Hands down!

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
KC: I have really enjoyed getting to work with such a great group of women on this show. All of these ladies are seriously bad ass.

Thanks, Katie! Break a leg tonight!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment