Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Thoroughly Modern Millie" cast profile: Erik Ramos

Erik Ramos returns for his second GCP show as Bun Foo in "Thoroughly Modern Millie"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
ER: I'm playing Bun Foo! Bun Foo and his brother are both Chinese immigrants who are in New York City working for Mrs. Meers at the hotel. They only agree to help her with her dirty work because she has promised them that she'll bring their mother to America if they do what she says.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
ER: I've been involved in theatre since I was in middle school, and did a number of shows throughout middle and high school such as "Fiddler on the Roof" and "Bye Bye Birdie." This is my second show at the GCP. I was previously in "The Wiz" in the fall of 2010, and it is so great to be back performing with the amazing people involved at the playhouse!

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Thoroughly Modern Millie"?
ER: I loved the music from this show and I was really wanting to get back onstage. Since I had had such a great experience with my last show at GCP, I figured that I would audition and hopefully be able to be involved in some capacity!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
ER: All of the songs from this show are really great, but I'd have to go with "Forget About the Boy" or "Sweet Mystery of Life." Performing "Muqin" is always really fun as well.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Millie"?
ER: Well, everyone in the cast is so talented, and they bring the characters to life in a way that will be really entertaining for the audience. It's a fun show that has great music and is something I think people of all ages will enjoy!

GCP Girl: "Thoroughly Modern Millie" is based on a 1960s movie starring Mary Tyler Moore and Julie Andrews. What other movies would you like to see turned into stage musicals?
ER: I have always thought that the movie "Moulin Rouge" would make a fantastic Broadway show.

GCP Girl: For Millie, moving to New York City on her own is a big adventure. What do you dream of doing?
ER: I have always been fascinated by TV production, so one day I would love to be working in that field in some big city somewhere. I also would love to just continue to be involved in theatre throughout my life!

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
There are so many roles I would love to get the chance to play, but probably Billy Flynn in "Chicago" would be my dream role.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
ER: That singing in Chinese is easier than speaking it!

Thanks, Erik! Break a leg tonight!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment