Saturday, September 28, 2013

'Lend Me a Tenor' cast profile: Esteban Alvarez, III

Esteban Alvarez, III is THE Tito Merelli in 'Lend Me a Tenor'

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character or characters.
Esteban: I play the famous tenor Tito Merelli. He is a passionate, "volcanic" Italian.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
Esteban: Some of my favorite roles include Edna in 'Hairspray', Max in 'The Producers', Pseudolus in 'A Funny Thing Happened' ... actually ... I can't think of a role I didn't enjoy.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Lend Me a Tenor"? 
Esteban: Because it has been over a year since I've done a show. I had always heard great things about working with Carlos. And I didn't want to miss a chance of working with Kristin, Jan, and Henry.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite moment or scene in the show? 
Esteban: I love Tito's scene with Diana. The lines are very funny and it's great being able to work with Kristin.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "Lend Me a Tenor"? 
Esteban: Getting to take a nap on stage for the second half of Act I.

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
Esteban: Because the script is funny, the set looks amazing, and we do a pretty good job.

GCP Girl: If you had to sing a song to save the day, what song would you sing? 
Esteban: Hmmm ... I don't know.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know.
Esteban: I STILL have never seen the Godfather movies.

Thanks, Esteban! 

Don't miss the magnificent Esteban Alvarez, III as 'Il Stupendo' himself, Tito Merelli in 'Lend Me a Tenor'. This is the last weekend of the run, so get your tickets now! Remember, we GCP now offers a Saturday Matinee in addition to the Saturday evening performance. Please visit the GCP Website or the Event Page on Facebook for more information.

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment