Thursday, September 26, 2013

'Lend Me a Tenor' cast profile: Laura Jackson


Laura Jackson is spoiled yet charming as Maggie Saunders in 'Lend Me a Tenor'.


GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character or characters.
Laura: Maggie is the daughter of Henry Saunders, manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera. She is also Max's girlfriend, but has a huge crush on the famous Il Stupendo (Tito). She's a little spoiled and quite naïve, but has just enough charm to pull it off!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
Laura: Most recently I was in "The Vagina Monologues" at the Hipp's Cinema Theatre. I have worked at the Acrosstown in "Chapter Two" and "Play It Again, Sam." I also did shows in my home state of Georgia, my favorite being "The Bald Soprano."

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Lend Me a Tenor"? 
Laura: I was dying to do a show, and had some free time in my schedule. I read about the play and thought it could really be challenging and fun. I had also heard great things about our director (Carlos Asse).

GCP Girl: What is your favorite moment or scene in the show?
Laura: My favorite moment is when the real Tito sees the fake Tito and runs out, bewildered and confused. Tito's reaction cracks me up every night! It's also the start of the play's climax, when everything begins to unravel...

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "Lend Me a Tenor"?
Laura: I am looking forward to working with a group of highly talented people with the added energy of an audience.

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
Laura: Because it is truly hilarious. It takes a lot to make me laugh and I have been working on this show for a month straight, yet I still laugh out loud whenever I get to watch parts of it.

GCP Girl: If you had to sing a song to save the day, what song would you sing? 
Laura: Right now I would sing "All I Do Is Dream of You" because it's constantly in my head (my character hums it in the show). Not sure how that would save the day, though...

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know: 
Laura: This is my first show at the GCP, and I am so excited! To quote Maggie, "it was even better than I thought it would be!"

Thanks, Laura! We're glad you've joined the GCP family!

Catch Laura Jackson as Maggie Saunders this weekend in 'Lend Me a Tenor'. The show closes this Sunday, September 29, so don't miss it! Please visit the GCP Website or the Event Page on Facebook for more information.

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment