Wednesday, September 25, 2013

'Lend Me a Tenor' cast profile: Kate Hall


Kate Hall is the saucy and passionate Maria Merelli in 'Lend Me a Tenor'.


GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character or characters: 
Kate: Maria Merelli is the saucy Italian wife of opera singer, Tito Merelli. Her love for Tito is strong, but may appear questionable to others, due to their loud disagreements. She is an honest Italian woman with a hot passionate temper, whose actions are actually justifiable. In times of distress, she is not afraid to say what is on her mind, even if it is just by giving a look. Maria seems to be tough and well put together, but on the inside she is complete mush. One of my favorite qualities about Maria are her underlying insecurities that appear obvious to others, but not to her. She is not the type who would proudly own up to their insecurities. I love this about Maria, because it makes her relatable and real.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows. 
Kate: I have had the marvelous opportunity of performing in productions such as,"The Women," "The Vagina Monologues," performing "I was in the room," "Ladyhouse Blues," and "A New Way To Pay Old Debts."

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Lend Me a Tenor"? 
Kate: Well, I've always wanted to do a show at GCP! I always heard wonderful things about the company. But the main reason I auditioned for Lend Me a Tenor was simply because I desperately missed performing on stage! I had been doing shows since I was 13 years old and when I took a break from performing to focus on school at the University of Florida, I became practically homesick for it. Now that I've graduated, I now have the opportunity to do that and enjoy it!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite moment or scene in the show? 
Kate: My favorite scene in the show is the bedroom scene between Tito and Maria. I do not want to give too much of it away, but I will say this, things escalade quickly between the two and it is absolutely hilarious!

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "Lend Me a Tenor"? 
Kate: The thing I most look forward to about performing in "Lend Me a Tenor" is hearing laughter. Best sound in the world!


GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
Kate: People should see this show, because it is incredibly entertaining! I don't think I've ever seen a comedy quite as entertaining as this. When I read the script for the first time, I could not put it down, because it was so clever and outrageously funny. It is impossible to become bored when watching this show.

GCP Girl: If you had to sing a song to save the day, what song would you sing? 
Kate: If I had to sing a song to save the day, it would have to be "You Only Get What You Give" by New Radicals.


GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know. 
Kate: I would like everyone to know that this experience of performing in "Lend Me a Tenor" has been a life changing opportunity for me! I could not have asked to have been part of a better cast and crew! I would also like everyone to know that you will not be disappointed by coming to see this show! I know a lot of people say that in order to get you to actually come to a show, but in this case, I can honestly say that you would be missing out on seeing one of the most amazing comedies you will ever see in your lifetime!

Thanks, Kate!

Don't miss GCP newcomer Kate Hall as Maria Merelli in 'Lend Me a Tenor'. The show closes this Sunday, September 29, so make your plans now! Please visit the GCP Website or the Event Page on Facebook for more information. 

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment