Monday, July 29, 2013

"The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" cast profile: Marissa Vairo

Marissa Vario steals Tom's heart as Becky Thatcher in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer".


GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character or characters.
Marissa: Becky Thatcher is the spunky girlfriend of Tom Sawyer!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
Marissa: I was last seen as Belle in "Beauty and the Beast" at GHS! Also I performed in the Danscompany of Gainesvilles production of "Cinderella" as the Austrian princess and in "The Wiz".

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"?
Marissa: I wanted to perform in a show for longer than just a week and it seemed like tons of fun!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
Marissa: My favorite number is Angels Lost because it adds a level of intensity and seriousness to the show.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"?
Marissa: I'm excited about sharing with the community the story of Tom Sawyer and also I'm looking forward to being on the stage again!

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
Marissa: People should see this show because it is so much fun! The audience will love every minute of it and will be thoroughly entertained throughout the whole show!

GCP Girl: Mark Twain's book has been a favorite for generations. What is one of your favorite summer reads?
Marissa: Reading is one if my favorite things to do and I read pretty much everything from mystery to action to romance. But as a big Nicholas Sparks fan I'd have to say A Walk To Remember is my favorite. It is so simple but so beautiful.

There you have it, folks! Don't miss your chance to see Marissa Vario as Becky Thatcher in "The Adventrues of Tom Sawyer". The show closes this Sunday, August 4.

xoxo GCP Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment