Friday, July 19, 2013

"The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" cast profile: Stephen Griffin

Stephen Griffin inspires a town as Judge Josiah Thatcher in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer."

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
Stephen: Judge Thatcher is a very attractive man in his early 40's. He and his daughter move into town in hopes of starting a new life after the death of his wife. He is very stern, yet loving . His daughter Rebecca is the most important thing in his life.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
Stephen: My last show was "White Christmas", in which I had the honor of playing Bing Crosby's character, Bob Wallace. Before that I was in "Hairspray", "Thoroughly Modern Millie", and "RENT". I'm blessed to have found the GCP and thankful for all that they have taught me.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"?
Stephen: Dan Christophy is an AWESOME director, I loved being in TMM with him and really wanted to be a part of another of his shows.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
Stephen: My favorite scene in the show would have to be Angles Lost. It's a very passionate song and the stage and lighting effects add to create a truly memorable scene.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"?
Stephen: 15 months ago I met my girlfriend at auditions for "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and we have done four shows together since. I love being on stage with her and watching and learning from her, so that would be my favorite part of this show. Also, the people in the cast and crew; I have formed some great lifelong relationships here at the GCP. I love being in a show with my Family of Friends.

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
Stephen: Tom Sawyer is a great summer show for the whole family. It is exciting and funny the whole way through. A perfect summer treat.

GCP Girl: Mark Twain's book has been a favorite for generations. What is one of your favorite summer reads?
Stephen: A Land Remembered by Patrick D. Smith is a great summer read and a book that I think all Floridians should read at least twice. It is on my top 5 list. Paynes Prairie: The Great Savanna by Lars Andersen is another great summer read. Read it and then go explore the Prairie that has been pivotal in the history of Gainesville.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know:
Stephen: On July 10, 2011 I walked into the GCP to audition for "RENT". A Hero of mine challenged me to LIVE THE DREAM so there I was. I had zero experience performing on stage and no idea what to expect. The audition itself was one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life. I am now in my 5th GCP show and was blessed with the opportunity to co-star with some of the most talented performers from our community in White Christmas. All because of a hero's push. I am extremely grateful to all of those who gave me a chance and hope that I can inspire others to move out of their comfort zone and experience all that life has to offer. The GCP is a magical place full of amazing people, I am extremely blessed to have found them.

Thanks, Stephen!

You can catch Stephen Griffin and the rest of the amazing cast until August 4. Please visit the Event Page on Facebook for more information. 


xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment