Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" cast profile: Patricia Kee

Patricia Kee nurtures the town's children as Jessica Rogers in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer". 


GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
Patricia: Jessica is one of the women of the town. She has 2 children, but is very motherly to all of the children.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
Patricia: I most recently appeared in "White Christmas" as Rita. Other previous shows I've done are "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and "All My Sons".

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"?
Patricia: Because its a Dan Christophy show. He cast me in my first musical at GCP and reminded me why I love theatre so much. Summer shows also tend be so much fun!!!!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
Patricia: I love the song Angels Lost. It's a really emotional song that highlights all of the adults in the show. Not to mention the lighting durring this song is incredible.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"?
Patricia: Having fun. I love doing period musicals so that makes it even more fun for me. The cast is absolutely amazing, they are wonderful people to work with.

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
Patricia: People should see it because its fun for the whole family. There are characters from young to old to whom everyone can relate.

GCP Girl: Mark Twain's book has been a favorite for generations. What is one of your favorite summer reads?
Patricia: I absolutely love reading and just finished Steve Altens "Meg" series. It was really good.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know.
Patricia: Im getting married in August, then hiking a portion of the Appalachian Trail. So the next time you see me on stage, I'll be Mrs.Patricia Sneed.

Break-a-Leg Patricia and congratulations on the upcoming nuptials.

You can catch Patricia in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" until August 4! Please visit the Event Page on Facebook for more information.

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment