Monday, July 15, 2013

"The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" cast profile: Brittany Bennett

Brittany Bennett chases boys as Amy Lawrence in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer".


GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character or characters
Brittany: Amy is one of the girls, who is a good friend of Becky Thatcher. Poor Amy seems to like boys a lot more than they like her!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows
Brittany: This is my second show here at GCP, my first being "Oliver!" in 2007, in which I was a part of Fagin's Gang. I've participated in many different shows at my school, Eastside, including "Mulan Jr.", "Zombie Prom", "The Dining Room", "Schoolhouse Rock Live!", and "RENT: School Edition", in which I was Mimi Marquez. I've participated in many shows throughout the community since elementary school.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"?
Brittany: I've been wanting to get back into GCP shows for a while because I had so much fun in "Oliver!". This is the first summer in a few years that I've been in town and available to be in a show, so I was really excited to audition for it.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?:
Brittany: In The Bible! It's really fun and campy; its easily the most high energy number in the whole show.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"?
Brittany: I'm really looking forward to the audience's reactions throughout the show. There are so many moments when the ensemble's reactions are hilarious and over the top, not to mention a bunch of really funny dialogue between various characters. I'm really excited to see how the audience reacts to everything.

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
Brittany: It's a blast! Many people are familiar with the story of "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and it's exciting to see it come to life through musical numbers and witty dialogue. Its a great show that's suitable for the whole family and will leave every audience member feeling light and happy by the time it ends.

GCP Girl: Mark Twain's book has been a favorite for generations. What is one of your favorite summer reads?
Brittany: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I read it last summer, but its one of my favorites.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know:
Brittany: GCP has some of the most talented, funny, and welcoming people I know. If you're interested in getting involved, audition! You never know until you put yourself out there.

Thanks, Brittany!

You can catch Brittany and the rest of the amazing cast in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" until August 4. Please visit the Event Page on Facebook for more information.

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment