Saturday, March 30, 2013

"9 to 5" cast profile: Paula Turpening

Paula Turpening makes her musical theatre debut in the ensemble of "9 to 5"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character. 
PT: I am in the ensemble, and I  also am playing the doctor.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows. 
PT: This is my first show, except for a very small part in "Once in a Lifetime," my high school, play a LONG time ago.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "9 to 5"? 
PT: My daughter (Olivia) has been in many shows at the GCP and has enjoyed the experiences, and I have a friend (Bev) who auditioned two years ago (and has been in a few shows since), and that got me thinking that I might want to give it a try.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show? 
PT: I love all the music in the show so it is hard to pick a favorite! I really enjoy Judy's fantasy "Dance of Death."

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "9 to 5"? 
PT: This whole experience is amazing! I am looking forward to being more confident on stage/speaking in front of people as well as entertaining people who come to see the show.

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show? 
PT: This show is so fun and full of energy and as I said before, the music is great.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know! 
PT: The production team on this show is great and I really appreciate them giving me the opportunity to experience my first GCP Production! Even though it is a lot of work, it is a lot of fun as well!

Thanks, Paula! Break a leg tonight!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment