Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"9 to 5" cast profile: Katie Crozier-Theis

GCP veteran Katie Crozier-Theis plays Roz, the office snitch, in "9 to 5" -- so be careful what you say about the show in the restroom at intermission!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
KCT: I will be playing the role of Roz. Roz is Mr. Hart's number one fan (well his only fan, really!). She is also the office snitch and therefore despised by all of the other employees at Consolidated.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
KCT: I have been in several shows at GCP over the years. Some of my favorite roles include Bertha in "Pippin," Gloria and a tap-dancing Stenographer in "Thoroughly Modern Millie," and a Dancing Granny (and other fun ensemble roles) in "The Producers."

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "9 to 5"?
KCT: I really wanted to be a part of a show with so many strong female roles. It's rare, especially for a musical.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
KCT: I have to admit that my favorite musical number in "9 to 5" is "Heart to Hart," which is Roz's song. It's a fun (and naughty!) number about Roz's secret desires for Mr. Hart.

GCP Girl: Tell me about your least favorite job.
KCT: My least favorite job ever is definitely the first one I had. When I was 16 I spent the summer working as a telemarketer selling subscriptions for my home town's newspaper. It was invasive and demoralizing work where I got to bother people at home and in exchange had phones slammed in my ear!

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "9 to 5"?
KCT: Roz is the biggest role I've had to date at the GCP so I am really excited to give her all I've got.

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
KCT: People should see this show because the music is fun, the cast is talented and the story is empowering for women everywhere.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
KCT: We are all volunteers and are here because we love the theatre. I sincerely hope that you will come and see our show!

Thanks, Katie! "9 to 5" starts its second week tonight at the Vam York!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment