Thursday, March 28, 2013

"9 to 5" cast profile: Dixie Lee

Dixie Lee moves from backstage to center stage in her GCP debut in "9 to 5"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
DL: I am in the ensemble playing an "unknown office drone" who I have decided is named Melody. She's a silly, yet hardworking gal who has been at the company for a long time. like her coworker Violet, she longs for something better at the top of the corporate ladder.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
DL: This is my first time on stage since high school. I have been involved in the tech side of GCP for a little over a year, doing sound board operating and learning sound design.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "9 to 5"?
DL: I love the music in this show, and I knew it was going to be a lot of fun to be a part of!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
DL: My favorite musical number to perform is "Change It" because its very uplifting. However, I love watching Leannis (Judy) sing "Get Out and Stay Out." She hits the transition from timid to fierce flawlessly.

GCP Girl: Tell me about your least favorite job. 
DL: My least favorite job was working as a "bag girl" for a grocery store. People were so mean and often ignored me, which is funny because they always talked to me when I was a cashier. Never again!

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "9 to 5"? 
DL: Seeing the smiles on the audience's faces every night.

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
DL: It's a feel good show about overcoming seemingly impossible obstacles to achieve your goals. Who doesn't relate to that in some way?

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know! 
DL: The cast, crew, and musicians have truly all been working tirelessly to see that we put on a fantastic show. Don't miss out on seeing it!

Thanks, Dixie! Break a leg tonight!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment