Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"White Christmas" cast profile: Aubrianna Lee Spurgin-Kabinu

Meet Aubrianna Lee Spurgin-Kabinu, who makes her GCP debut in the ensemble of "White Christmas"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
ALSK: I am in the ensemble, but at one point I do have a character named Ethel, who is a young adult who works at "The Ed Sullivan Show" as a secretary and works under Mr. Sheldrake, who she thinks is very sweet and funny, and she absolutely loves her job.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
ALSK: I just started doing shows halfway through the school year last year. My first show was "Cinderella," then at the beginning of this year I was in "The Three Musketeers" as d'Artagnan's mother, a wench, an old woman and, when needed, I was Adele and a sister. Now I am in "White Christmas," and I love it!

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "White Christmas"?
ALSK: I auditioned for "White Christmas" in order to get as much theater experience I could before the end my senior year, because it is just so much fun being a part of shows and I will probably be doing musical theater in college. I also auditioned for "White Christmas" because it is a feel-good and comforting show and I really love entertaining people and making them smile.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
ALSK: I would have to say my favorite musical number in the show is "Snow" because it's so energized, intricate and full of happy thoughts of snow, which as a Floridian I don't get to see, and the song is full of lyrics about how I think it would be like to have snow every winter. A very close second to "Snow" is "Count Your Blessings;" it is such a beautiful song that teaches those who hear it to always stay positive!

GCP Girl: Finish this sentence: "I know it's the holiday season when..."?
ALSK: I know it's the holiday season when my mom, brothers, and I finally go pick out a nice Christmas tree all together and I smell that magnificent evergreen pine scent. When we strap that Christmas tree to the top of the car, carefully drive home, get it inside and decorate it, I know it's that magical time of year.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite winter holiday tradition?
ALSK: My favorite winter holiday tradition is waking up super early in the morning, crawling out of bed and going to find presents under the Christmas tree I decorated and finding my mom sitting there on the couch nearby waiting for me! After I come down, my mom goes through all the presents and tells me which ones are mine and which are my brothers', and I show her which ones are hers. After that we sit on the couch in our pajamas in the dark watching a Christmas movie waiting for my brothers to wake up to finally open presents.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "White Christmas"?
ALSK: What I am looking forward to the most about performing in "White Christmas" is being able to perform with all these amazing and talented people like the handsome Thomas Sanders (Phil), the beautiful Victoria Sexton (Judy), the loud Kelley Addis (Martha), the sweet Giovanni Barrio (General Waverley), the awesome Stephen Griffin (Bob), the fantastic Susan Christophy (Betty), and of course everyone else who is handsome, beautiful, maybe not as loud as Kelley but sweet, awesome and fantastic cast members that make me smile every time I see them! I just want to start naming everybody off and saying what it is I love about each and every one of them and why they make me look forward to performing in the show every night but I would go on forever I did that, haha.

GCP Girl: What plays or musicals would you like to see GCP produce in an upcoming season?
ALSK: It would be so cool to see "Jekyll and Hyde" be done at GCP, because I totally love that show, but it does gets pretty intense. Other than "Jekyll and Hyde," I'd love to see "Ragtime," "Pal Joey," or "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," which has been my favorite musical since I was little.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
ALSK: I would like everyone to know that this cast is marvelous and this show has been a blast so far and I will be very sad to see it be over; I love you all!

Thank you, Aubrianna! "White Christmas" begins its third week tonight at the Vam York!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment