Thursday, December 6, 2012

"White Christmas" cast profile: Kelly Belanger

Miss Florida Sr. Sweetheart Kelly Belanger struts her stuff in the ensemble of "White Christmas"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character. 
KB: I play Tessie, Bob’s secretary. I also act in the ensemble.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows. 
KB: I played Esther Jane in "A Christmas Story" last year, and I’ve been heavily involved in GHS drama with Susan Christophy. This semester, I also joined the Santa Fe dance team, and I’ve been in a performance with them as well.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "White Christmas"? 
KB: I auditioned for "White Christmas" because I’ve always wanted to be in a GCP musical, and I figured this would be a great theatre experience for me.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show? 
KB: Oh goodness. I’d have to say that my favorite number in the show is “White Christmas” in the very end, because everyone is singing together, and when the audience sings along, I feel like the cast really comes together and has that bonding moment with the audience.

GCP Girl: Finish this sentence: "I know it's the holiday season when..." 
KB: I know it’s the holiday season when my friends and I start up our secret Santa, and the smell of pumpkin and cinnamon candles fill my house.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite winter holiday tradition? 
KB: I’ve always enjoyed putting the tree up with my family, because that’s something we’ve always done, and it gives us a time to set aside all of the other things going on in our lives and just be together.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "White Christmas"? 
KB: Honestly, during the run of the show is when the cast bonds the most, so I’m really looking forward to getting closer with my fellow castmates, as well as performing on the GCP stage for the second time.
 
GCP Girl: What plays or musicals would you like to see GCP produce in an upcoming season? 
KB: I’d really like to see GCP do “Next to Normal” in the upcoming season.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know! 
KB: I am currently serving my reign as Miss Florida Sr. Sweetheart 2012 and will be soon receiving my crown for Miss Florida National Teenager 2013. :-) Merry Christmas!

Thanks, Kelly! Break a leg tonight!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment