Friday, January 31, 2014

'AIDA' cast profile: Alison Robbins


Alison Robbins is Aida. 

GCP Girl: Tell me a little about yourself, such as your past shows here or elsewhere, a particular area of study, occupation, hobby, etc.
Alison: I have been involved in theater with the STAR Center since I was 15. I have done many shows such as Elphaba in 'Wicked', Timoune in 'Once On This Island', Nala in the 'Lion King', Natalie in 'All Shook Up', and many others. I love theater and I have also been dancing since three.

GCP Girl: Tell me about your character(s). What makes her/him fun or rewarding to play?
Alison: My character is Aida. I will say it is definately the hardest role I have ever played. She is strong and determined but also selfish in regard to not wanting to lead her people. I can relate to her running away from her responsiblities but in the end having to except the inevitable. Its fun to be in this show because the whole cast is so awesomely talented and great to spend time with.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in AIDA? 
Alison: My favorite is Amneris's song Strongest Suit because I'm not supposed to dance in the show at all and the Choreographer let me be in the number. I was happy.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite moment in AIDA? 
Alison: My favorite moment is when Amneris discovers that Radames and Aida have been messing around and sings the most beautiful song called I Know the Truth.

GCP Girl: Why did you decide to audition for AIDA?
Alison: I did this show at Buchholz high years ago and I love the music.

GCP Girl: Why should everyone in town see this production? 
Alison: Because Dan has gone above and beyond making this show one nobody will ever forget. Every person in the show is talented and they all have worked hard to make this show the best it can be.

GCP Girl: Talk about one of your most memorable theatrical experiences ever, either as a performer or audience member. 
Alison: When I was 15 i played Dorothy in the 'Wizard of Oz' and the wizard didn't have a bag to hold the heart, and all the things he gives them at the end of the play. He put all the things in his pocket and when he got to me I said "I don't suppose you have anything in your pants for me?" he was 11 and I was mortified.

Oh snap! What a funny moment. Thanks for the laugh, Alison. 


Don't miss Alison and the rest of this amazing cast in 'AIDA'! Please visit the GCP Website or the Event Page on Facebookfor show details and ticket information.

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment