Friday, January 31, 2014

'AIDA' cast profile: Bryan J. Faux

Bryan J. Faux gets his evil on as Zoser in 'AIDA'.

Character(s): Zoser/Production Assistant

GCP Girl: Tell me a little about yourself, such as your past shows here or elsewhere, a particular area of study, occupation, hobby, etc. 
Bryan: I have been active at the GCP for the last 8 years. Some of my past shows include Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, The Producers, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, RENT, and Thoroughly Modern Millie. I am currently a junior studying journalism at the University of Florida.

GCP Girl: Tell me about your character. What makes her/him fun or rewarding to play?
Bryan: It is fun to be bad! My character has no redeeming qualities and he is a clear cut villain but he plays an important role in the story as a source of conflict for several characters. It's pretty different from who I am but it is fun to do something so removed from the real me.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in AIDA? 
Bryan: Another Pyramid. It rocks and it has awesome choreography (thanks to Susan). All the songs are great in this show but this one is a blast for me.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite moment in AIDA? 
Bryan: It's hard to choose a favorite moment because this show has so many great moments. It's funny because I was never a fan of the song "The Gods Love Nubia" but this cast really delivers it. The A cappella  section of that song gives me chills. That is probably my favorite moment. I think they have turned the song around for me, I have a newfound appreciation for it and I'm really proud of them.

GCP Girl: Why did you decide to audition for AIDA? 
Bryan: Well I was planning to help out with it anyway and I ended up on stage. It's my first show as an actor since Millie in 2012. I did "Aida" in high school so it was really fun to revisit.

GCP Girl: Why should everyone in town see this production? 
Bryan: This show has a gorgeous score. There aren't any bad songs in it. It is inventive and very different from other shows sort of both modern and classic at once. The cast we've assembled is going to bring down the house. I can't wait for people to see it.

Thanks, Bryan!

The wait is over, folks. 'AIDA' opens TONIGHT at the Vam York Theatre! Please visit the GCP Website or the Event Page on Facebook for show details and ticket information.

No comments:

Post a Comment