Thursday, January 30, 2014

'AIDA' cast profile: Stephen Peters


Stephen Peters takes on many roles in 'AIDA'.

Character(s): Soldier/Minister/Nubian

GCP Girl: Tell me a little about yourself, such as your past shows here or elsewhere, a particular area of study, occupation, hobby, etc. 
Stephen: I am a sophomore at GHS who is an active member of the drama club. My last show was here at the GCP in 'Seussical' as General Schmitz. Some of my favorites at GHS have included Papa Ge in 'Once On This Island' and Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast.'

GCP Girl: Tell me about your character(s). What makes her/him fun or rewarding to play? 
Stephen: I love playing all the characters throughout the show. The soldiers are really a bunch of over the top macho guys who are high energy and the ministers are more shady and slick. I mean what's not to love?

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in AIDA? 
Stephen: Oh man, that's hard. I'll go with 'Another Pyramid', it's a super fun song to dance, sing, and lets not forget to add that it's really catchy.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite moment in AIDA? 
Stephen: Another tough one, I'll say acting through 'The Gods Love Nubia'. It's a very moving song and it's great to create a character arch through it, going from completely shattered to uplifted.

GCP Girl: Why did you decide to audition for AIDA? 
Stephen: It sounded like a fun show.

GCP Girl: Why should everyone in town see this production? 
Stephen: That would be because this musical is rockin' and everyone in it is rockin' it! I really think audiences are going to be entertained and leave humming the songs.

GCP Girl: Talk about one of your most memorable theatrical experiences ever, either as a performer or audience member. 
Stephen: That would have to be during 'Seussical'. My uncle, whom I had not seen in awhile, surprised me by showing up to the show. Let me tell you, when I saw him in the audience during the opening number it was all smiles from then on that night.

Thanks, Stephen!

Tonight is $5 Preview Night and a great opportunity to catch 'AIDA' before everyone else! Please visit the GCP Website or the Event Page on Facebook for show details and ticket information. 

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment