Thursday, February 6, 2014

'AIDA' cast profile: Isiah Blount


Isiah Blount moves the story along as Mereb in 'Aida'!

Character: Mereb

GCP Girl: Tell me a little about yourself, such as your past shows here or elsewhere, a particular area of study, occupation, hobby, etc. 
Isiah: You may have seen me in "9 to 5" , & "Seussical" here at GCP! I've also performed in "Once On This Island" (as Daniel), "Dreamgirls" (As CC), and "The Color Purple" (As Harpo), I'm a Theater major at Santa Fe College!

GCP Girl: Tell me about your character. What makes her/him fun or rewarding to play? 
Isiah: Mereb is the shows comic relief! He is also Nubia's Hero! He does whatever he can to see Nubia prevail! He is the captain's servant, but becomes Aida's right hand man.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in AIDA? 
Isiah: My Favorite musical number is "The Gods love Nubia" this song speaks Volumes!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite moment in AIDA? 
Isiah: My Favorite moment is the Dance break in "Dance of the Robes"

GCP Girl: Why did you decide to audition for AIDA? 
Isiah: I Decided to audition for Aida because I LOVE everything about GCP, and from the clips I saw on YouTube, I knew it would be an awesome show!

GCP Girl: Why should everyone in town see this production? 
Isiah: It's an amazing Experience! The story can touch anyone! And the Music is phenomenal!

GCP Girl: Talk about one of your most memorable theatrical experiences ever, either as a performer or audience member. 
Isiah: My most memorable experience would be my first, show at GCP! Being welcomed arms with opened arms was a GREAT feeling!

Thanks, Isiah. We are certainly glad to have you as a member of the GCP family. You light up the stage!

Don't miss Isiah and the rest of the cast in 'Aida'! Shows resume tonight and run through February 23. Please visit the GCP Website or the Event Page on Facebookfor show details and ticket information.

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment