Friday, October 14, 2011

"Rent" cast profile: Zach Kidd

Zach Kidd acquires an addiction to musical theatre in the ensemble of "Rent"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me a bit about your character.
ZK: I play "The Man" in the ensemble. My character is the drug dealer...very sleezy and extremely creepy.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
ZK: My only other show so far has been the GHS production of "The Wizard of Oz" this past February, where I played the Tin Man.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Rent"?
ZK: I auditioned because I had seen the movie and I loved it. I also knew a lot of the people auditioning and that always makes things more fun. :)

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
ZK: Definitely "What You Own."

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
ZK: Being able to connect and make friends with another group of people and have a great time and a great show!

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Rent"?
ZK: People should see "Rent" because it really does show some extreme diversity and that love knows no bounds, and that our time is limited, so love as long as you can. That is what I hope audiences can take away from the show... also, the music is incredible!!! :)

GCP Girl: Which musicals would you like to see GCP produce in coming seasons?
ZK: Honestly, I am new to the theatre world, and I don't know that many shows...so I really just don't know...but I would love to be a part of anything that they would have me in! :)

GCP Girl: What would you tell someone who is thinking of auditioning for a show at GCP?
ZK: Definitely go for it! They are an amazing community and it is one of the greatest experiences you could ever have!!!

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
ZK: This was one of the greatest experiences that I have ever had! I owe it all to my wonderful cast and crew, who have become some of the greatest friends anyone could ever ask for, and to our outstanding directors Erin, Leannis, and Kristin! Thank you guys for all you do, it wouldn't have been the same without you!!!

Thanks, Zach! This is the last weekend for "Rent" - have you seen it? If not, what are you waiting for?!!! Check back later today for my special tribute to the show!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment