Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Rent" cast profile: Peter Romberg

Peter Romberg plays Mark, a New Yorker documenting a year in the life of his friends, in "Rent"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me a bit about your character.
PR: I play Mark, a bohemian independent filmmaker who struggles with selling out.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
PR: I was in "Anything Goes" as a sailor and in "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" as Leaf Coneybear.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Rent"?
PR: "Rent" holds a very special place for me, and I was deliberating whether or not to try out, then I realized that I just had to go for it. No day but today.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
PR: "What You Own."

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
PR: The emotional struggle every night onstage.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Rent"?
PR: It is an amazing show that affects everyone in the audience. Not many people get to participate in a show like this in the audience, and it truly is an opportunity everyone should have, to feel emotionally connected with the characters and to be a part of such a moving show.

GCP Girl: Which musicals would you like to see GCP produce in coming seasons?
PR: My favorite musical, "The Last 5 Years," but it will never happen because it is for two people only. Maybe as a one night special?

GCP Girl: What would you tell someone who is thinking of auditioning for a show at GCP?
PR: Just do it. No day but today. It’s a blast and we are a welcoming family.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
PR: This show freaking rocks!

Thanks, Peter! If you haven't seen "Rent," this is the last week -- get your tickets before they sell out!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment