Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"Rent" cast profile: Stephen Griffin

Stephen Griffin makes his stage debut in the "Rent" ensemble!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
SG: This is my first show of any kind. I’m the new guy.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Rent"?
SG: I’ve always wanted to be in a musical. It’s been a dream for a while, so I started looking around for things to audition for. My dear friend Anthony Minzie inspired me to Live The Dream.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
SG: My favorite song of the show is "I’ll Cover You (Reprise)." Collins is amazing and it’s a very moving song. "Seasons of Love" is also a lot of fun.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
SG: Every part of this experience has been amazing. From auditions to practices and stage preparations, I’ve loved it all. Everyone involved has been a pleasure to meet and I have learned many new things. I never thought I would ever be able to be part of something this amazing.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Rent"?
SG: We are blessed with an abundance of talent right here in our community. The cast, crew and directors are as good as you will find in a professional performance. "Rent" shows you the importance of living every day to its fullest and not taking a single day, moment, or friendship for granted.

GCP Girl: Which musicals would you like to see GCP produce in coming seasons?
SG: I would love to see "Chicago" and "The Music Man."

GCP Girl: What would you tell someone who is thinking of auditioning for a show at GCP?
SG: DO IT! This has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. The audition process alone was worth it. You get to meet a great group and hear some killer voices.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
SG: I’d like to thank everyone involved with the GCP. I have learned so much and been blessed in many ways over the last few months at the theater. You are all wonderful and I thank you for giving me the chance to live my dream. I am Blessed.

Thanks, Stephen! "Rent" picks back up tonight -- do you have your tickets yet?

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment