Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Forum" cast profile: Katie Crozier

Are we seeing double, or are there really two of Katie Crozier in "Forum"?

GCP Girl:
 Tell me a bit about your character.
KC: I play Geminae #1, one of the Courtesan twins – "...an infinite number of mathematical possibilities!"

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows. 
KC: I was in "Pippin" last spring as Bertha, Pippin's lecherous granny. I had an incredible time in that show and got to perform my very first solo song in a musical. Before that, I played Peep Bo in "Hot Mikado" and danced in the chorus in "Cinderella." I've also stage managed a few shows, such as "The Sugar Bean Sisters" and "Over the River and Through the Woods." 

GCP Girl:  Why did you audition for this show?
KC: I auditioned for "Forum" because I love a good comedy, and let's be honest, I was born to play a Courtesan. Also, the production team was packed full of folks I enjoy working with. 

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
KC: As cheesy as it sounds, my favorite part of any show is getting to make new friendships and renew old ones. The fact that I can do that while making some theatre magic is pretty sweet.

GCP Girl: If you could sing one song in the show that is actually sung by another character, which one would it be and why?
KC: I think I would want to sing "Dirty Old Man," because Kelley makes it look like so much fun. 

GCP Girl: What do you hope audiences take away from this show?
KC: I hope the audience takes away a belly ache from laughing so hard.

GCP Girl: What inspires you? 
KC: I'm inspired by the endless supply of love, hope and beauty found everywhere, if you know where and how to look.

GCP Girl: Broadway is drawing a lot of its inspiration from TV shows and movies lately. What TV show or movie would you like to see turned into a Broadway musical?
KC: I would like to turn the movie "Connie and Carla" into a stage show. 

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know! 
KC: I'm preparing to go into business for myself as an event and wedding planner for hire. It's very exciting and a little scary, but it's time to make a change! Wish me luck (and hire me if you need a good planner!).  ;)

Thanks, Katie! "Forum" resumes tonight at the Vam York! It's a great cure for the mid-week blues!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment