Friday, March 19, 2010

"Forum" cast profile: Esteban Alvarez III

Playgoers, Esteban Alvarez III opens tonight's performance of a comedy in which there truly is something for everyone!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about your character.
EA: Pseudolos is the classic "clever slave" stock character. All he wants is his freedom and he is willing to use his cunning and guile to get it.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
EA: I've done several shows at the GCP. You might remember me from such roles as Cogsworth, Mr. Bumble and Groucho Marx.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for this show?
EA: Pseudolos is a role that has been on my short list of "dream" roles. I couldn't give up the opportunity to try crossing that role off my list.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
EA: I have really enjoyed being able to work with such talented people. It is always fun playing off of Jacob, and it is great acting with Kevin and Amy. Also, for the first time, Thomas and I have several scenes together, and those are, by far, my favorite scenes!

GCP Girl: If you could sing one song in the show that is actually sung by another character, which one would it be and why?
EA: To be honest ... I just wish I could sing my OWN songs properly. But, if I could, I would like to sing "Bring Me My Bride." The lyrics are so funny and he gets some great power notes!

GCP Girl: What do you hope audiences take away from this show?
EA: I just hope people laugh and enjoy the show.

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
EA: My family and friends inspire me, plain and simple.

GCP Girl: Broadway is drawing a lot of its inspiration from TV shows and movies lately. What TV show or movie would you like to see turned into a Broadway musical?
EA: "Clue!" I am just WAITING for there to be a GOOD "Clue! The Musical"!

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
EA: I have never seen any of the "Godfather" movies.

Thanks, Esteban! Break a leg tonight! GCP fans, keep your eyes open at Napolotano's for a cast appearance at karaoke night after the show!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment