Friday, September 21, 2012

"All My Sons" cast profile: Patricia Kee

Patricia Kee swaps her dancing shoes for drama as the sharp-tongued Sue Bayliss in "All My Sons"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
PK: I play Sue Bayliss, a nurse who is a little weathered and worn by life; she's also got a mean streak in her that comes out a bit during the show. I'm a full-time student majoring in theater, and I work full-time, too. This is my first dramatic role ever -- I normally do musicals.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
PK: I did theatre in high school, then ventured away from it, and I'm so glad to be doing it again. I was in the ensemble in "Thoroughly Modern Millie," and I just got cast as Rita in "White Christmas."

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "All My Sons"?
PK: Honestly, I went to the audition to support a friend who wanted to be in the show. I just went up there and winged it and I guess they liked what they saw.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite scene in the show, and why?
PK: My favorite scene is the very beginning, because it's so lighthearted and fun compared to the majority of the show.

GCP Girl: What about this show has challenged or inspired you, as an actor and as a person?
PK: My character has greatly challenged me because she's nasty most of the time, which is the exact opposite of my personality.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "All My Sons"?
PK: "All My Sons" is a great American play and it is very relatable to how things are in the world today. Self preservation and family are large undertones in the play.

GCP Girl: What plays or musicals would you like to see GCP produce in an upcoming season?
PK: I would love to see GCP do "The Drowsy Chaperone," "A Chorus Line," or if we could get puppeteers, "Avenue Q" would be amazing!!

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
PK: I'm very green when it comes to theatre; it took me 6 years to figure out this is what I should be doing. Although there are many amazing lead roles I would love to play, just being cast in any show is a dream for me because I get to be on stage.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
PK: Here are two mottoes that help me keep my head on straight when it comes to theatre: "fake it till you make it," and "there will always be someone better than you." I'm also very partial to Cheez Whiz and Ritz crackers.

Thanks, Patty! There are only eight more shows, so get your tickets now!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment