Thursday, September 27, 2012

"All My Sons" cast profile: Jolene Sayers

Jolene Sayers makes her GCP debut as Anne, the girl next door, in "All My Sons"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
JS: I play Anne. She is the type of girl that goes with the flow and tries to make everyone happy. She's strong and, when it comes down to it, she won't be pushed around.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
JS: It's my first show at GCP, but I've done a lot of shows back in Utah. I played Lina LaMont in "Singin' in the Rain," Lady Caroline in "Enchanted April," Margot Frank in "Diary of Anne Frank," Tansy in "The Nerd," and many more.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "All My Sons"?
JS: I read the synopsis of the play and thought it would be a good show to get involved with. Also, it's been 6 years since I've done a show. I wanted to get back into it and see if I could still act.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite scene in the show, and why?
JS: When I get to argue a bit with Chris. It's the first time you see Anne get mad and I like the whole pacing of the scene.

GCP Girl: What about this show has challenged or inspired you, as an actor and as a person?
JS: The challenge has been to show different sides of Anne. She can't be just a "pretty face," but to show she's sweet but strong and intelligent, very much aware of what's going on around her.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "All My Sons"?
JS: This show makes you think. You leave wondering what you would have done in the situation and maybe leave feeling like you yourself could be a better person in this world.

GCP Girl: What plays or musicals would you like to see GCP produce in an upcoming season?
JS: "Chicago," "Jekyll & Hyde," "The Nerd," "Guys and Dolls," "Noises Off."

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
JS: Lucy in "Jekyll & Hyde."

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
JS: I'm Canadian with dual citizenship.


Thanks, Jolene! Only four more chances to see this show!



xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment