Thursday, August 2, 2012

"Hairspray" cast profile: Brittney Kelly

Brittney Kelly is positively, permanently perfect as Penny Pingleton in "Hairspray"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
BK: I play Penny Pingleton, Tracy's best friend. My character is spastic and slow... at the same time. She has good intentions, though. :)

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
BK: The first show I ever did at GCP was "Annie Warbucks" (thanks to Rhonda Wilson!), and many more after that, including "Anne of Green Gables," "George M!," "Fiddler on the Roof"...

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Hairspray"?
BK: I kept having this thing called musical theatre withdrawals.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show, and why?
BK: "It Takes Two"!... Somehow it always gets stuck in my head.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Hairspray"?
BK: Because it's a fun show with a great message!

GCP Girl: What plays or musicals would you like to see GCP produce in an upcoming season?
BK: I would literally love if they did "Beehive"!

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
BK: May sound cheesy but... Belle in "Beauty & the Beast." I just love Disney. And her!

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
BK: I've met so many children who saw their first show and instantly fell in love with music, dancing and acting. It's not something you do for money, it's something you do for the love of it! And that's something everyone needs in life.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
BK: At the time of this interview, it's 43 days until football season. GO GATORS!

Thanks, Brittney! Only  four more chances to see "Hairspray"!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment