Friday, May 13, 2011

"The Trip to Bountiful" cast profile: Shetiquea Davis

Shetiquea Davis makes her GCP debut as a ticket agent who helps Carrie get back home in "The Trip to Bountiful," opening tonight at the Vam York!

GCP Girl: Tell us about some of your previous shows.
SD: I've only done one other show which was a short, one-act play titled "At the Punch Bowl," so I'm a new kid on the block. :-)

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "The Trip to Bountiful"?
SD: I think a drama is more my style rather than true comedies or farce-type productions. But really, I'm open to auditioning for just about anything. It's all about gaining experience in a theatre setting in any way that I can right now.

GCP Girl: Tell us about your character.
SD: Miss Ticket Agent No. 1 is a little over the top. She's a no-nonsense type of gal but still polite in all her southernness. :-)

GCP Girl: What is your favorite scene or line in the show?
SD: I have a few. I always like when Mrs. Carrie Watts talks to Thelma about her son telling her not to argue with Jessie Mae because nobody ever wins an argument with her, then she looks away and says "And I guess that's right." Jennie's delivery is funny.

GCP Girl: What do you hope audiences take away from "The Trip to Bountiful"?
SD: I hope audiences enjoy the range of emotions that this play takes you through. Parts will make you laugh, others will make you sad, but in the end, Mrs. Watts gets all that she wants, which comes with a sense of triumph and peace, so I hope audiences will feel joy as they experience her journey with her.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
SD: Wow, I'm new to community theatre and I wish I'd gotten involved with it years ago. It's been a great experience and I can see myself being a part of it far into the future. I think I'm hooked!

GCP Girl: Tell us something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
SD: I'm actually kind of shy sometimes but people say they don't see it on the stage. I think that theatre allows me to strip away the inhibitions a little bit, which has been fun. :-)

Thanks, Shetiquea! Yay for opening night!!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment