Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rumor has it...

Okay, okay, so I've been gone for a few days, but I have returned, so you may rejoice.  You know you missed me.  
This week's "Pippin" rehearsals were brought to you the letters S, O, L and... O, as in solo vocal rehearsals. (That was funnier in my head.)  The whole cast and production staff will get together for the read-through on Sunday, and then ensemble vocals and choreography begin for real next week.  "Pippin" involves Fosse-style choreography and an early 1970s pop music-style soundtrack, so our cast should have some fun next week.
Now that's out of the way, let's monger some rumors, shall we?  It's nearly time for the selection of the shows for next year, and I am interested to hear your opinions on some of the shows in consideration.  The musicals I have heard so far (and some are unconfirmed) are "Gypsy," "Aida," "The Producers," "Anything Goes," "Sweeney Todd," "Kiss Me Kate," "Singin' in the Rain," "All Shook Up," "Damn Yankees," "1776," "Chicago," "Jesus Christ Superstar," and "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." Comment with your opinions, rumor confirmations and anything else you've heard! I might even forward the input on to my sources on the selection committee...if I agree with you! 
xo xo GCP Girl

2 comments:

  1. Well, even though I won't be here next year anyways, it doesn't really matter what I say, but in my opinion, the GCP should do something straight up fun for at least one of the musicals. A musical that people (the general non-theater public) know, will enjoy, and people will have fun doing. (So when I read that list, Singin In The Rain, Kiss Me Kate, 1776, and Joseph stand out in that list.

    On a different note, I think it would be cool if the GCP did more classics, like when the GCP did The Crucible. Heck, a Shakespeare play wouldn't be a bad idea for the future...
    but hey, who asked me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should do Hamlet 2... it will be great success.

    ReplyDelete