Thursday, April 4, 2013

"9 to 5" cast profile: Laura D'Anieri

Laura D'Anieri plays Missy Hart, the boss's clueless wife, in "9 to 5"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
LD: I am playing Missy Hart, the sweet and ditzy wife of Franklin Hart. Missy is focused on her diamonds, furs and vacation plans...and this is lucky for her because it prevents her from seeing what a jerk her husband is.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
LD: I was in GCP’s production of “Chasing Manet.” I had a dual role. I played Esperanza, the caring nurse who looked after the elderly folks in the nursing home, and Saviana, a little old lady who wore a frilly bonnet and red tennis shoes and communicated through animal sounds only...She was a hoot!

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "9 to 5"?
LD: I wanted an opportunity to be in a production with my daughter, Lily. So we both mustered our courage and auditioned.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
LD: I love “Change It”…it is so upbeat and it has a wonderful message…if you don’t like something the way it is, then you have the power to Change It…just go for it.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "9 to 5"?
LD: The show is so fast-paced and lively, it just keeps us all at a charged level. The energy is amazing.

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
LD: This show is FUN and the leads are incredibly talented. I am in awe of them!

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
LD: I am the mother of five and after spending a bazillion years raising my kids, I am totally living out my crazy dreams of being on stage….and it is a blast.

Thanks, Laura! Break a leg tonight!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment