Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"9 to 5" cast profile: Ed Hunter

Ed Hunter is one of the actors playing Mr. Tinsworthy, the chairman of the board, in "9 to 5"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
EH: Well, my character is Mr. Tinsworthy, the Chairman of the Board of Consolidated. But mainly I am the fly operator that makes, well, things go up and down. I can’t be more about what sorts of “things” without giving away a surprise or two.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
EH: I started at GCP in 1996 in "My Fair Lady," and have done an average of a show a year since then, sometimes two. Most recently I was seen as Mr. Pinky in "Hairspray," Father in "A Christmas Story," and Marvin and Henry in this season’s "Chasing Manet."

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "9 to 5"?
EH: I never actually auditioned for this show. It was getting close to opening and Kristin Paulson asked me to be the fly operator on crew. I came to a meeting for the crew and ran into Rhonda on my way out, and she asked, “So, do you want to be on stage?” Turns out someone dropped out, and so I took over the role of Mr. Tinsworthy.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
EH: Well, since I only sing in the encore, I guess that’s it. But seriously, there are so many good numbers in this show, including the title song.

GCP Girl: Tell me about your least favorite job.
EH: My worst real job ever was doing debt collecting for a scam magazine subscription company in Miami.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "9 to 5"?
EH: Tinsworthy is a neat character, plus I get to give Hart his comeuppance.

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
EH: Like I said, it’s a fun show with a lot of great dancing and singing.

Thanks, Ed! "9 to 5" starts the final week of its run tonight!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment