Friday, January 25, 2013

"Chasing Manet" cast profile: Andrew Gordon

Andrew Gordon returns to the GCP stage in the dual role of Catherine's son Royal and the Captain of the QEII in "Chasing Manet"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
AG: I play Royal Lowell, Catherine Sargent's son, as well as the Captain of the QE II. Royal is a neurotic English prof and guilt-ridden son who has placed his difficult mother in a nursing home.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
AG: I acted at GCP from 1978-1998 in "Enter a Free Man," "The Runner Stumbles," "Bell, Book, and Candle," "You Can't Take It With You," "Lovers and Other Strangers," "Diary of Anne Frank," and "Arsenic and Old Lace." At the Hippodrome in "As You Like It." I was one of the founders of the Acrosstown Repertory Theater, and played there in shows including "No Exit," "Galileo," and "Hamlet."

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Chasing Manet"?
AG: I know Jan Cohen and asked her about the show.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite scene in the show?
AG: Playing the Captain. I love the uniform and the British accent.

GCP Girl: What was your biggest challenge in preparing for this show?
AG: Having to dye my hair and beard!

GCP Girl: What does "Chasing Manet" say to you? Why should people see it?
AG: It's about people refusing to accept their fate and trying for their dreams, even against the odds or very late in life.

GCP Girl: What plays or musicals would you like to see GCP produce in an upcoming season?
AG: "The Music Man."

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
AG: As a teenager, I performed in the chorus of "Bye Bye Birdie" at the Charlotte, NC Music Theater, starring Andy Williams.

Thanks, Andrew! Tonight is opening night at the Vam York - do you have your tickets yet?

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment