Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"A Christmas Story" cast profile: Celia Shankman

Celia Shankman makes her GCP debut as class genius Helen Weathers in "A Christmas Story," previewing tonight at the Vam York!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
CS: I play Helen Weathers, the smartest girl Ralphie knows in his class.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
CS: For the Alachua Children's Theater, I played Sebastian in "The Little Mermaid," Sam in "Ransom of Red Chief," Honor in "Beauty is a Beast," and Sam from "Emperor's New Clothes."

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "A Christmas Story"?
CS: I thought it would be fun and a good experience.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite scene in the show?
CS: My favorite scene in the show is when Flick puts his tongue on the pole. It is the funniest!

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
CS: Learning acting etiquette.

GCP Girl: Finish this sentence: "I know it's the holiday season when..."
CS: I know it's the holiday season when people start putting up lights in the neighborhood.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite winter holiday tradition?
CS: My favorite winter holiday traditions are decorating the tree for Christmas and lighting candles on the Menorah for Chanukah.

GCP Girl: In "A Christmas Story," Ralphie tells us about his most memorable Christmas. Tell me about your most memorable holiday.
CS: When we moved back to Florida three years ago, we moved in on Christmas Eve. We had no tree or any decorations because we had driven all day from New Jersey. It was about 9 at night when my mom and dad were looking in the new attic to put some boxes away when all of a sudden, we found a Christmas tree with lights. It was a miracle. We had a tree.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most this holiday season?
CS: Spending time with my family and my grandmom.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
CS: That I am funny and energetic and love to make you laugh.

Thanks, Celia! Tickets are $5 when the doors open tonight at 7 p.m. - don't miss out!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment