Friday, April 9, 2010

"Forum" cast profile: Randall Dees

Randall Dees tries his hand at slapstick comedy as a Protean in "Forum"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
RD: The Proteans play several different roles throughout the show; they are basically idiotic comedy at its best (think the Three Stooges).

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
RD: I have been involved with theatre for nine years. Some of my favorite experiences were as tech director for the wonderful show "Hair" at Eastside High School, Romeo in Shakespeare's "Romeo & Juliet" at the Acrosstown Repertory Theater, and "Shakespeare in Hollywood" at the GCP, but you last saw me in the Medieval Faire's Living Chessboard alongside the rest of the Thieves Guilde.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for this show?
RD: I auditioned for "Forum" because I thought it would be a wonderful experience, and I am addicted to theatre, so any chance to be involved with a show is a chance I take.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
RD: There is no one part of this that has been better than any other. The whole show, including rehearsals, has been wonderful, and the cast is so friendly and talented, it's the best anyone can hope for.

GCP Girl: If you could sing one song in the show that is actually sung by another character, which one would it be and why?
RD: None.  My favorite song from the show is one that I sing in already. It is the "Funeral Sequence" in Act Two. It is just so lovely to hear us all harmonizing and working together for a wonderful musical number.

GCP Girl: What do you hope audiences take away from this show?
RD: I just hope audiences come and laugh and enjoy the wonderful humor of the show.

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
RD: Well, my inspiration for theatre and in life in general is my idol and friend Tammy Meyers. She has supported me through good and bad times and is always encouraging me to follow my heart and be happy; for that, I will always be appreciative.

GCP Girl: Broadway is drawing a lot of its inspiration from TV shows and movies lately. What TV show or movie would you like to see turned into a Broadway musical
RD: Well, I love the drama of "Desperate Housewives" and think it would make an incredible musical.

Thanks, Randall! This is the last weekend to see "Forum"! Make it a date!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment