Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Daddy's Dyin'" Cast Profile: Kristin Mercer


Kristin Mercer checks in before getting ready for Preview tonight...

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
KM: Some of my favorite roles include: Nellie in "South Pacific," Kate in "She Stoops to Conquer," Truvy in "Steel Magnolias," Penny in "You Can't Take it With You," Videllia in "Sugar Bean Sisters," Ruth in "Blithe Spirit," Chelsea in "On Golden Pond," and Zombie in "Night of the Living Dead" ('cause who wouldn't want to play a zombie, drool blood, freak out the audience, and dance to "Thriller"?!). I love playing a variety of diverse roles - in one very busy GCP season I played a 20-something-year-old in a musical and an eccentric 50-something-year-old in a straight play - ya gotta love the magic of theater!

GCP Girl: Which do you enjoy performing more, comedy or drama?
KM: That is a tough question. I love both! I have had greater opportunities to do comedy but I would really love to sink my teeth into a good drama - "Agnes of God," anyone?

GCP Girl: Tell me a little bit about your character.
KM: She is sweet, inhibited, and a bit beaten down. Her self-esteem gets a little boost by a recent weight loss that she is very proud of!

GCP Girl: What is your character's catchphrase?
KM: I've lost weight!

GCP Girl: Are you anything like your character?
KM: Not really. I love playing against type. I do relate to her compassionate side, though.

GCP Girl: This show is about family. Is there anything about this family that reminds you of your own?
KM: Thankfully, no - except for the fact that every family is a little bit crazy in their own special way. :-)

GCP Girl: If you had to be related to one of the characters in the show, who would it be and why?
KM: Probably Mama Wheelis or Marlene - I find them the most likable and the least selfish.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know.
KM: Uhhhhh....

Thanks, Kristin! Everyone, don't forget to get there early tonight since it is general seating!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment