Thursday, April 3, 2014

'Noises Off!' cast profile: Rachel Warnes


Rachel Warnes prances plays the dippy, lingerie glad Brooke in 'Noises Off!.


Character(s): Brooke/Vicki

GCP Girl: Tell me a little about yourself, such as your past shows here or elsewhere, a particular area of study, occupation, hobby, etc. 
Rachel: I'm usually found slaving away at the vet school but have taken the time to reconnect to my theatre background with Noises Off. I attended the Alabama School of Fine Arts and have not been able to shake the itch the perform ever since. I'm so happy to be back onstage and surrounded by my wonderful cast mates who are just as funky as I am.

GCP Girl: Tell me about your character(s). What makes her/him fun or rewarding to play? 
Rachel: Brooke is a complete idiot who prances around in lingerie for the whole show. It's taken a lot of self pep-talking and time at the gym but it's been a fun experience. Definitely stepping outside my comfort zone. I feel like most people have nightmares about being onstage in front of their peers in the underwear. I'm living it and working it, girl!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite scene in 'Noises Off' 
Rachel: I actually really like the set changes during intermission. It's amazing what the crew does with it and so fast! The ENTIRE set (which is ginormous) flips around!

GCP Girl: Madness ensues and jeopardizes the play within a play in 'Noises Off'. Think about a time when things started to go really wrong during a performance of a pervious show. What happened and how did you overcome the mayhem to finish the show? 
Rachel: It's really great because no matter what happens or goes wrong, we can always fit it into the show and the audience will never know. During rehearsals we skipped about half of Act II and no one knows what went wrong but we just kept going and made it work.

GCP Girl: Why did you decide to audition for Noises Off? 
Rachel: I saw Noises Off at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival when I was in middle school and fell in love with it. It's actually my favorite show! Years ago I passed up a chance to audition for it because I let someone hold me back. When I saw it was coming to GCP I knew it was a second chance. I really was just looking forward to auditioning and being on stage for a few minutes. When the director gave me the call about being cast I was so shocked. I'm a lucky girl!

GCP Girl: Why should everyone see this production? 
Rachel: This show is non-stop movement and entertainment. You won't be bored for a second. And hey, I'll be in lingerie. What more could you ask for?

GCP Girl: Talk about one of your most memorable theatrical experiences ever, either as a performer or audience member. 
Rachel: Surprisingly my favorite shows to do are really off-the-wall or dramas that really dig deep into your emotions. I played a role in a show about the Vietnam War called "Piece of my Heart". We had a really heart wrenching scene and to prepare we had a closed rehearsal where the whole group of girls sat around and really opened up to each other. The outcome on stage was so powerful. I will never forget that moment.

Thanks Rachel, and welcome to the GCP Family!

As a side note, GCP Girl also once played in 'A Piece of my Heart'. She was Sissy, who were you?

You have two more weekends to catch 'Noises Off!' at the GCP! Please visit the GCP Website or the Event on Facebook for ticket and showtime information. 

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment