Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Thoroughly Modern Millie" cast profile: Noah Jones

Noah Jones, who plays Kennith in "Thoroughly Modern Millie," is quite the philosopher...

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
NJ: I play a few roles. They include Kennith (Muzzy's straightforward and enthusiastic, if not clumsy, manservant), as well as Cafe Society's ill-tempered dishwasher. I am also part of the ensemble and I go on an ill-fated date to be ruined by some inebriated stiff rambling on about 'white slavery' or some such foolishness.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
NJ: I am excited to say that this is my very first show.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Thoroughly Modern Millie"?
NJ: I auditioned because Thomas talked me into it. But seriously, musical theatre has been in my family for generations. and ever since I stopped tap-dancing, there has been a hole in my heart that could only be filled by the likes of a performing art. Also, the people are great.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
NJ: The jail scene's rendition of "I Turned the Corner" is one of my favorite numbers because it captures the essence of Jimmy's internal struggle wrestling with his identity and the impact Millie has had on him as a person. I'm also partial to the speed test because it's so much fun. I have to mention that "Forget About the Boy" is absolutely incredible. The girls obviously pour their hearts and souls into that one.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Millie"?
NJ: It's a classic, simple, romantic musical with killer language from the day, e.g. "Unless you cream-puffs hook the right clothespin, that judas hole ain't never gunna open."

GCP Girl: "Thoroughly Modern Millie" is based on a 1960s movie starring Mary Tyler Moore and Julie Andrews. What other movies would you like to see turned into stage musicals?
NJ: "Fight Club" (The Musical) would be great I think. It could then only be made better if there were ice skating involved.

GCP Girl: For Millie, moving to New York City on her own is a big adventure. What do you dream of doing?
NJ: I want to move to Shanghai, China and assist in the development of their EMS programs.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
NJ: I will perform to the best of my abilities and consistently strive for excellence. But, I'm such a klutz, any day I don't screw up too badly is marked into the win section of the notebook. Should I become an adept actor, fit to play a lead, let it be, but, honestly, I am so blessed that I couldn't ask for more than what I have accomplished now.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
NJ: There are very few experiences that encompass the camaraderie in the cast of a GCP play. It might be loosely related Stockholm syndrome, but the tireless hours of passionate effort put into the making of a play is unrivaled. I encourage anyone who is interested to audition, and everyone who is intrigued to come and see our performances.

Thanks, Noah! Break a leg tonight!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment