Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Intimate Apparel" cast profile: Amanda Edwards

Amanda Edwards makes her stage debut as Esther, the heroine of "Intimate Apparel"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
AE: My character's name is Esther Mills. She's a hard-working, good-natured intimate apparels seamstress who has big dreams of owning an elegant beauty parlor for black women.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
AE: I consider "Intimate Apparel" my first show as an actress. I did some smaller type of showcases in college. My theater experience is comprised mainly of working backstage as a techie doing lights, props, carpentry, and costumes for the different shows at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Intimate Apparel"?
AE: I auditioned for "Intimate Apparel" because the story sounded fascinating. It's set in 1905, but so many of the issues and themes of this show are timeless.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite scene in the show?
AE: I honestly enjoy all of the scenes in this show and I look forward to performing them all each night. I can't pick just one.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
AE: The entire experience has been incredible but the highlight has been getting to know and work with so many talented creatives. The cast and crew of this show is AMAZING! They've all been so helpful and hard-working. It's really been great.

GCP Girl: What have you learned during the show about life in 1905?
AE: Getting dressed as a woman in 1905 was NO small feat.

GCP Girl: What do you hope audiences take away from "Intimate Apparel"?
AE: I hope audiences walk out of "Intimate Apparel" recognizing that a hope for love is a universal experience that transcends race, gender, and class.

GCP Girl: What plays or musicals would you like to see GCP produce in an upcoming season?
AE: I'd love to see "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" and "Caroline or Change."

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
AE: I've had an absolute blast working with everyone involved with "Intimate Apparel" and thank everyone who has come out to support this show.

Thanks, Amanda! "Intimate Apparel" begins its second week tonight, so drop by the box office and reserve your tickets!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment