Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"The Murder Room" cast profile: Kristin Mercer

Is she evil, or just misunderstood? Kristin Mercer plays Mavis Templeton Hollister, a newlywed with something to hide in "The Murder Room"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about your character.
KM: She is over the top and I adore her (um, from an acting standpoint, anyway). To say much else would be to say too much.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "The Murder Room"?
KM: I wanted very much to play this character after reading the script - she is wonderfully written and over the top! I also wanted a chance to work with Pat as a director (not to mention several very talented and very dear friends who were also auditioning).

GCP Girl: What is your favorite scene in the show?
KM: Too many to mention without spoiling it for everyone!

GCP Girl: What do you hope audiences take away from the show?
KM: Laughter and high spirits.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
KM: Everything. It is my passion, my therapy, and my second home.

GCP Girl: What would you say to someone who is thinking about auditioning for a GCP show?
KM: Join us! And, if you have never done this and have always wanted to, take a risk - it is worth it!

Thanks, Kristin! The fun resumes tonight at the Vam York!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment