Friday, September 10, 2010

"45 Seconds" Cast Profile: Henry Wihnyk

GCP's resident funnyman Henry Wihnyk, fresh off his Golden Apple win for Best Actor in a Play, hams it up as Broadway funnyman Mickey Fox in Neil Simon's "45 Seconds from Broadway," opening tonight at the Vam York!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
HW: I had a great time performing in "Funny Money," a fabulous, silly farce.

GCP Girl: What is your actual "day job"?
HW: I am a law faculty member at UF.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for this show?
HW: I liked the character, and I love working on shows with Jennie.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
HW: Eating the food! Also, “talking” with Andrew Duncan (Jeff) at Mickey’s table during the first scene of Act One.

GCP Girl: "45 Seconds" has a lot of characters with different backgrounds and personalities. If you could play any other character in the show, which one would you choose and why?
HW: Rayleen. Her character steals the show!

GCP Girl: What would you order at the Polish Tea Room?
HW: The roast turkey and chicken liver sandwich – my favorite – I order it at Toojays all the time!

GCP Girl: What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
HW: Do it!

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
HW:
The rain is Spain, is, in fact, better than a sunboin in Toikey!

Thanks, Henry – we'll keep that in mind! Break a leg this weekend! Don't forget, you can now get your tickets at the box office in the Vam York lobby!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment